- Eleanor Frierson: An Advocate for Government STI Partnerships
- A tribute by Dr. Walter Warnick of DOE/OSTI
- Presentations of the May CENDI Meeting are now available
- Presentations of the March CENDI Meeting are now available
- Minutes and Presentations of the January CENDI Meeting are now available
- Presentations of the November CENDI Meeting are now available
- Workshop - Hot Topics in Big Data: What You Need to Know Now!
- December 11, 2012
Presentations now available -
- Workshop - Semantic Search: Magnet for the Needle in the Search Haystack
- December 06, 2012
- New Membership: The Department of Homeland Security
- The CENDI Grand Challenge concept
paper "i-Science2Jobs" is now available
- Inquiries regarding CENDI or comments or questions about this web site or its contents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to the CENDI web site
CENDI’s vision is to provide its member federal STI agencies a cooperative enterprise where capabilities are shared and challenges are faced together so that the sum of accomplishments is greater than each individual agency can achieve on its own.
CENDI’s mission is to help improve the productivity of federal science- and technology-based programs through effective scientific, technical, and related information-support systems. In fulfilling its mission, CENDI agencies play an important role in addressing science- and technology-based national priorities and strengthening U.S. competitiveness.
CENDI is an interagency working group of senior scientific and technical information (STI) managers from 15 U.S. federal agencies:
- Defense Technical Information Center (Department of Defense)
- Government Printing Office
- Library of Congress
- NASA Scientific and Technical Information Program
- National Agricultural Library (Department of Agriculture)
- National Archives and Records Administration
- National Library of Education (Department of Education)
- National Library of Medicine (Department of Health and Human Services)
- National Science Foundation
- National Technical Information Service (Department of Commerce)
- National Transportation Library (Department of Transportation)
- Office of Research and Development & Office of Environmental Information (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Office of Scientific and Technical Information (Department of Energy)
- The Science and Technology Directorate (Department of Homeland Security)
- USGS/Core Science Systems (Department of Interior)
These programs represent over 97% of the federal research and development
The CENDI web site is hosted by the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC), and is maintained by the CENDI secretariat.